Hello! We are back from our gorgeous trip The Living Studio Along the Danube.
I will have a post very soon with some of the photos and my thoughts of our time together (Hint…it was incredible).
I wanted to let you know about two beautiful things happening this next week in the studio and also online.
We are honored to host Wendy Brightbill for a two day workshop in our studio on our land.
There are only a few spots left and we would be so honored to have you join us.
- Gather inspiration for color palettes that fit your art personality.
- Create your own style and color boards to draw on for inspiration.
- Explore your very own abstract painting style by looking at some of your favorite abstract painters.
- Create dimension in your piece by layering shapes and colors with watercolors and acrylic paints.
- Discuss composition and how to balance your abstract pieces.
- Work through creative blocks keeping you back from your most authentic work.
- Make marks and lines to finish off your pieces.
- Embrace the process of creating and find what brings you joy in painting to take home to your daily creative practice.
- 4-5 sheets of large watercolor paper (Strathmore 140 lb Watercolor paper 18 x 24)
- Large shipping tube to carry your paper (must be 20 inches at least)
- artist grade watercolor set
- watercolor mixing palette
- different sizes of watercolor brushes and acrylic paintbrushes
- oil pastels
- pens and markers
- acrylic paint in your favorite colors (especially white)
- Inks in your favorite colors (Ranger color washes, acrylic ink or India inks)
- photographs or pictures of paintings that inspire you
- needle and embroidery floss/thread if you would like to add stitching to your pieces
- favorite mark making tools
- white acrylic ink
- small moleskin journals to keep track of your style inspiration
- smaller pieces of watercolor paper for practice
- white uniball signo
A peek into our beautiful studio!
If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or if you want to register please click on the image below!
Painterly Portraits Course Trailer
I encourage you to come along with me if you want to learn to paint. You will learn to paint from your heart, Do you feel like you are missing something? It’s not about talent. It is about applying your love of something that you know is in you. I will help you discover that inner passion of art that has begun to come out in you or you have just realized this is something you would love to discover. Know each of us will have a beautiful and different outcome. You will be loved as I walk along side you. I will break down every step, show you my palette as I paint and see me mixing colors then laying that color down.
* We will breakdown the face into shapes and planes.
This 7+ hours of content class will be begin on October 24, 2016 and you will have lifetime* access to the class.
The registration price for Painterly Portraits: A Study in Acrylics and Oils is $48.00.
To read more or to register click HERE.
If you are new to our creative network here are easy steps to get you started…
1. Register at jeanneoliver.ning.com (this is free).
2. Once your account is active you are able to take advantage of our free courses, series and even pay for courses.
3. Go to jeanneoliver.ning.com and along the top header click on “COURSES” and you will be able to view all three pages of online courses and free series.
4. To purchase a course please choose your course, click on the +join in the upper right hand corner, pay and you will be INSTANTLY in the classroom.
5. All videos can be found along the right hand side of the page under “COURSE CONTENT”.
6. All of our courses are pre-recorded so you can watch at your convenience. The best part is that you have lifetime* access on all new purchases! Pretty awesome if you ask me.
*As long as we manage the creative network