Living Room {Before and After}

The next two weeks most of my posts will be about our recent remodel projects.

I love these kinds of posts and I hope you enjoy them too.

Today I wanted to share our living room before and after.

We extended our cherry floors from our kitchen into our living room and it made an amazing difference in the appearance of space and the ease of visual flow.

I love the color and minimal grain that you see in cherry floors but the softness of the wood is a huge drawback.

We already had cherry throughout the entry and large kitchen and it was cost prohibitive to start over with another wood.

Over time the cherry darkens and I believe gives the home a wonderful warmth.

We have a lot more dust bunnies and the kids don’t love all of the sweeping we now do (obviously they aren’t pros in the sweeping or we wouldn’t have the dust bunnies).

I am loving the updated space!

{BEFORE}

{DURING}

{AFTER}

Be a deer and
leave me a comment.

Read More About

Learn About Upcoming Classes

Comments

1. It is just lovely…my perfect style only done so much better than i have seen out there…Very nice Jeanne.

2. Thank you! What a kind thing to say.

3. beautiful! every single little thing!

4. That makes such an amazing difference. I love how cozy and comfortable the space feels, and I adore that coffee table!!

5. Marianne commented:

Just lovely????
    That blacksmith art…. Does it hide your tv? How ?

6. Very, Very, nice Jeanne, I Love what you did, your house is so beautiful and know you made it look even more beautiful.

7. elma commented:

Wow just beautiful!! I just LOVE your home!!!

8. i love your new space and adore the hints of mustard. great coffee table.

9. Love that your home reflects your family and your values. I am in LOVE with your new art over the fireplace! Is it one of yours?????
    xo~Jill

10. So beautiful Jeanne! I really miss having all wood floors in our house.We have them in our kitchen and guest bath.Someday I hope to have a house full of them again.It looks amazing,sorry about your counters.I hope something can be resolved.

11. Mikal McPherson commented:

Everything is so beautiful Jeanne! It feels so warm and welcoming. ๐Ÿ™‚

12. Lisa Sarvak Heaney commented:

I love it !!!!

13. so beautiful my friend!!

14. It’s just beautiful, Jeanne. Love your floor and the new coffee table. Don’t worry about the little spots that happen on the floor – they are character marks.

15. Sheila commented:

You’ve probably shared before, but what is the paint color on the walls? I LOVE the space!

16. Beautiful! I caught of glimpse of a gray metal pendant in your kitchen. If you can, I’d love it if you shared more!

17. Rose D'Angelo Designs commented:

Jeanne, everything looks divine!!

18. I love it! I wish you could come to my house and we could bounce ideas off each other. We have similar living rooms and design styles. I just acquired a settee and want to make mine look like yours. I love the pillows you have on it ๐Ÿ™‚

19. SO beautiful!! I’m curious about the actual flow of life in your rooms. For example, you have seating under the tv, so what do you do when you’re all watching something? Do you pull the seating out? And I love, (LOVE) the yellow chair peeking out from the room beyond the living room. It’s so pretty! After years of just making do with whatever comes our way, I’m trying to make better decisions about what we have and how we use it. Thank you for the inspiration!

• Thank you. We have a large bench under the TV but we only use that seating when people are over. You can sit on it and you don’t touch the TV. It instantly gives us 3 more spots to sit without being in the way.

20. beautiful! I love the way the floors turned out and you have such a way of making a space so beautiful, yet so comfy feeling and so welcoming!:)

21. Just beautiful, Jeanne! This and your kitchen remodel are inspiring me again! Hopefully we can do something to our nearly 30 year old kitchen soon. ๐Ÿ™‚

22. Laura French commented:

You inspire me! I love this so much! Thank you for sharing all of this…when you are ready for an open house please invite me? I will fly there! ????????????

23. I would love to have more details about the movable art concealing the tv…with a wire and an L bracket??? I’ll look around to see if there is a post on this already, but please consider writing about it if not! So gorgeous and functional!

24. Kristin commented: