Have you ever watched Oprah's Favorite Things episode?
I am sure you have!
I remember when Jack was a baby and rushing home with one of my best friends (along with her baby) so we could watch it.
I have to say that 10 years ago the episodes were a little more affordable.
I hadn't watched one in years and this year I made sure I did.
I have to say that I wouldn't have wanted much on her list and the truth is….I couldn't afford it!
So, in the spirit of giving and a budget I give you Jeanne's Favorite Things…that's right…you can start screaming, crying, hugging your neighbor…….
1. I LOVE Anthro's tea towels. I do…and I give them as gifts A LOT!
2. These are my favorite all time running shoes. I love that they have a drawstring lace and it tucks into the tongue…no tripping on MY shoestrings! I bought mine at REI.
3. This camera is just plain FUN!! Yes, the film is pricey. Obviously this isn't for everyday use…but everyone will love playing with it on Christmas. Who doesn't love to print out their photo right away!
4. I don't scrapbook but I use Melody Ross' Chip Art tools on tons of my art. They are perfect for stamping into leather and even thin metals..and how can you resist the cute as can be tins they come in!!.
5. I love pretty much everything in the Dick Blick catalog. For any artist on your list a gift card from Blick will put a HUGE smile on their face…HUGE!!
6. I have so many artists that I admire. Janet Hill is one of them. I love the way her art looks so soft and feminine. I have a few of her prints and they are truly gorgeous. Maybe someday I will be fast enough to snag one of her originals.
7. I am not even finished reading this book and I love it. It is very inspiring and just reminds you that you can do so much to truly change how you see the world…and also clean out the things that are wasting your energy.
8. My friend Lissa gave this to me and I have since purchased several. Love the color (spun gold) and it even looks amazing over lipstick. One of my purse staples.
9. I wish I could tell you that I have this amazing skin routine, that I buy really expensive makeup and people are always mistaking me for an 18 year old…BUT…when I have extra money for skincare this is my favorite product.
10. The title alone is worth buying it!! Really fun activities and inspring messages. Perfect for any creative person on your list. They will thank you later too:-)
11. Another gift for the creative one in your life (maybe even you)! Suzi Blu online art classes. Many are at your own pace and videos that you download. I love learning new techniques…and her prices are REALLY affordable which makes it too good to pass up.
12. I don't care if they are out of style (are they out of style???.) I love my UGGS!! I would like to add that I have NEVER paid what price comes up on their website. I always find them on sale OR I buy in the children's section (oh yes I do) and get them CHEAP! I think I paid $80 last time in the children't section at Nordstrom. They are so warm and comfy and I even wear them around the house like slippers. I don't know how many pairs I have had over the years but the fakes just don't cut it. This is one of the things I believe you need the real deal.
13. Another one of my favorite gifts to give are the gorgeous aprons from Anthro. I just received this exact one as a gift because my good friend thought it looked like a dress I would wear (and she was so right..I had been eyeing it for awhile). Don't worry people..I promise not to wear this apron as a dress..can you even imagine the horror!!!
14. I have different lens's that I use but this is a pretty reasonable lens (in the whole scheme of crazy lens prices). This is wonderful for portraits and even product shots. I use to have the 50 mm 1.8 and that is really cheap and still very fun to play with.
15. My favorite candle of all time. I keep thinking I will find something better but I don't. Maybe it just makes me think I am in Anthro with unlimited funds…for whatever the reason it will make your home smell wonderful.
16. I love to give these tea/coffee cups. I love them so much that next to my coffee pot is a whole rack of different cups from Anthro. So affordable and such a pretty gift to give (and you know they will actually USE them). I am giving these to my children's teachers at their enrichment school this year.
I could go on on on but what I really wanted to do is show you some of things I use or enjoy everyday that are reasonably priced.
I hope that maybe this list has inspired you to look at the things you love and use everything that may bless another this Christmas (that won't break the bank).
Sorry, I have to add ONE more thing.
I LOVE this CD.
I listen to it everyday..all day long!
If you want to smile you need to get it!!
I wanted all of you to know that I just listed some new purses and camera bags in my shop.
These will be the LAST fabric items that I will be shipping before Christmas.
These are ready to ship.
I wrap each item in such a way that it is perfect for gift giving.
I can even ship it directly to the person you are buying for…just let me know at checkout.
I have also added a new print.
I will be adding more NEW items this week!!!